Monday, October 17, 2022

Do I Believe in a HigherPower?

I pick up sticks and gather stones
I wear the crystals and toss the bones.
I mix up lotions and call them potions.
I speak of the old ways and old one’s notions.
Yet though I think of myself as wizardly,
I still ask,”who you jivin’ with that Cosmik Debris?”

I believe in Electricity.
I believe in Magnetism.
I believe in Gravity and Balance. Yin and Yang.
I believe we need to have Faith and that whatever we put out into the Universe reflects what we get back.

I don’t confess a religion.
I don’t worship anything.
I don’t believe in any form of deity.
I believe that all deities were imagined by peoples past to explain the happenings in the World and the thoughts within their minds.
People being so alike is why those deities share commonality.

I don’t worship the Moon but I do accept it’s influence on the tides and hence the Earth and the people on it.
I don’t worship the Sun but do accept it’s place as a necessity for Life on this planet.
I don’t worship Nature in general yet see it as an intertwined system of Life and Growth and Nutrition.
Sticks and Stones and Crystals and Bones are part of Nature and contain the powers of electricity and magnetism and the universal life forces that flow through that entwined system as much as the food we sustain ourselves with contain that force and gives us the power to live.

I believe there is power in words and power in symbols including numbers.
I believe there is power in Two as in Balance.
I believe there is Power in Three and that is why it has been used to show youth, mid-age and old age as well as holy trinities.There could be an essay on that alone.
I believe there is power in Four,as in the four corners,seasons, elements.
I know. There is a fifth element .
That of Spirit.
Human Spirit. 
The Higher Power. 

I believe there is something to be gained from Runes as they are a form of language and symbols combined.

All of these things contain Life essence and we can rely on the ways and teachings of generations past but must also put our own personal twist, our feelings, our observations into and onto them to become one with those forces and not control them nor be controlled by them but to manage them and manage to exist with and as part of the Natural World.

I believe in Science but with the knowledge that it is conceived by human minds and most of it is Theory and even what are known as Laws can be broken or proven wrong.
I believe in Knowledge and the power to change our thoughts when new evidence is presented.
I believe in Change and Cataclysm. Neither need be for the better or the worse. They are merely how Life continues onward.
I believe in the use of natural elements and essences in the aid of humankind.
The study of plants and their interactions with our bodies is the basis of what we call Medicine and has brought about near miraculous transformations of both Body and Mind.

I believe in Magic in the sense that we can influence the course of events with our knowledge.
The fact that I can send my voice across the Universe and it is heard the same way I spoke or I can walk into a room and move my hands or say some words and things I want to happen do,in my mind is Magic.
I believe the power of thought and intent can control outcomes.
Magic!

So,yes,I believe in Higher Powers.
Not beings with a power over us.
Not a creator.
Not a puppet master.
Not a being who is all powerful to whom we must show obeisance.
In short, not a being.

I believe in the Powers we call Nature and that we can harness and use them to make our own Energies.
To create and sway them to have Life happen as we wish or as we deserve.
The power of the mind coupled with experience is called wisdom.
Sagacity.
The root of the word sage.
If we are skilled in the activity of working with natural forces we are indeed wizards.
Or should strive to be so.

Religions are about the harnessing of the mind.
In the best sense each one’s individual mind.
In the worst sense the controlling of minds by words and rituals. Sacraments and ceremonies.

I perform only the basic rituals.
Breathing in the essence of what is around me.
Breathing out what is harmful .
Joining my essences with the natural ones around me.
Acknowledging Nature in all it’s Beauty and Force.
Attempting to be one with Nature.

You will hear me say,”Do No harm”.
You will hear me say,”Do Unto Others As You Would Have Done To You”.
You will hear me say," Merry Meet or Merry  Part".
You will hear me say, "Blessed Be" and "Let It Be" and "Let It Be So".
You will hear me say, "Love One and Other " and "Love your Sisters and Brothers " and "Give Peace a Chance" and "People Have the Power ".
You will hear me say,”Whatever’s Right” and “Take Care”.
I greet the Woodland creatures and birds and bugs and try my best to not hurt them as I don’t like when they hurt me.

So,yes,I believe in a Higher Power. 
The Power of Nature and the Powers that it bestows on us and the Way we use them.
I believe in the Way as expressed in Buddhism and the like.
I believe in the teachings Jesus put forth about how to treat others. 
I believe in Philosophy and the Workings of the Human Mind.
I believe we can be whatever we strive to be.

What kind of guru am I,anyway?
I don't wrap newspaper round my head or use the dust of the Grand Wazoo.
I may never reach Nirvana or cure your asthma.
I don't have a crystal ball or repeat mumbo-jumbo or waste my time on useless rhetoric. 

If I have a religion it would be one of striving to be a better unit in this entanglement of Powers as I have addressed herein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polipricks

I'm a Boomer. I used to be proud to say that. I was raised in a generation that created a social attitude and atmosphere that was not ce...